11:00 hrs. Salon Versalles, Edificio Arroniz de la Secretaría de Cultura
The OFJ takes pleasure in inviting the public to participate in the Masterclass which will be imparted by the multiple-prize-winning Byelorussian cellist Iván Karizna, winner of the Bronze Medal in the XIV International Tchaikovsky Competition and Audience Prize in the recent (2017) Queen Elizabeth Music Competition.
This Master Class will take place on Saturday, October 28th, 2017 at 11:00 AM in the “Salón Versalles” of the Secretaría de Cultura, Arróniz Building (476 Calle Reforma, Zona Centro, Guadalajara, Jal). It is directed to professional cellists, who may join the class either as participants or as auditors. The general public may also participate in the auditor category, pending preregistration. The link for registration in both categories appears at the end of this announcement.
1. Seven highly-qualified candidates will be chosen as participants, each receiving a personalized class of one-half hour in duration with Maestro Hakhnazarian.
2. Candidates for the participant selection process need to fill out the registration form provided at the bottom of this publication, and send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org which must include:
Curriculum vitae (Résumé)
Copy of official, legal identification
Link to a video (preferably YouTube) in which the candidate interprets a movement or extract of a sonata, concerto or other work for solo violoncello, with a minimum duration of three minutes (the video must be of good quality, with clarity of image and sound, and must be focused directly on the candidate).
3. Only subsequent to reception and evaluation of the aforementioned materials will the OFJ contact those candidates chosen as participants in the personalized masterclass.
4. Repertoire for interpretation during the class is to be chosen by the candidates; however, it must include two options from the standard repertoire for the instrument (pieces, sonatas, concertos, works or etudes for solo violoncello, among others).
5. All transportation, room and board and related costs must be borne by the participants themselves. The OFJ will not offer any economic aid.
6. Each participant must arrive punctually, 30 minutes prior to the indicated hour on the day of the class, to be included in the drawing for order of participation.
Registration for participants: https://goo.gl/forms/s1doTsNtr7YMHWPY2
Registration deadline for participants, Friday, October 20th, 11:59 PM
Registration for auditors: https://goo.gl/forms/SBfqSxeKT0hScQlx1
Registration deadline for auditors, Friday, October 27th, 11:59 PM