12:00 hrs. Sala Guillermo del Toro del Instituto Cultural Cabañas
Invitation, Patrick Gallois Master Class
The OFJ takes pleasure in inviting interested members of the public to the Master Class which prestigious flautist Maestro Patrick Gallois, pupil of Jean-Pierre Rampal will present on January 30th, 2016, beginning at 12:00 noon and ending at 4:00 PM. Maestro Gallois is an active soloist who has performed under such eminent directors as Leonard Bernstein, Seiji Ozawa, Pierre Boulez, Karl Böhm, Eugen Jochum and Sergiu Celibidache.
The event will take place in the Sala Guillermo del Toro of the Instituto Cultural Cabañas, (Cabañas No. 8 Col Las fresas, Plaza Tapatía, Guadalajara, México). The class will be free and open to those members of the general public who have completed a prior registration as auditors. To register, send us an e-mail with your complete name to
and wait for confirmation that we have received your message.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPANTS:
- This invitation is directed to professional musicians specializing in Flute Performance. Flautists may participate as either auditors or performers. Only highly qualified candidates will be selected for the performance category.
- To be considered in the selection process for the performance category, each interested candidate must send us an e-mail message containing:
- Copy of the candidate’s official identification
- Curriculum Vitae (Resume)
- Link to a video audition (minimum 5 minutes in duration), in which the candidate performs three works which can be concertos, other pieces from the flute solo repertoire, and/or orchestral excerpts (Maestro Gallois may choose to review these during the class). The video needs to be a clean, clear presentation with regard to both image and sound quality, focus directly on the candidate throughout the entire presentation without cuts or other editing, and have been made within the past six months. The link to the video may be from YouTube, Vimeo or Google Drive or it can be a downloadable video file which may be accessed by linking to a folder in Dropbox.
The e-mail message, to be sent to email@example.com Attention: L.A.E. César Tena Ramírez, Operations and Human Resources Manager, must arrive on or before January 22, 2016.
- A total of seven candidates will be selected to participate, each receiving a 30 minute class. Only upon receipt of all of the aforementioned material will the OFJ contact the seven chosen participants.
- All travel, food and lodging, and miscellaneous expenses will be the sole responsibility of the participants. The OFJ will not provide any type of economic aid.
- All performing participants must arrive punctually, 30 minutos prior to the start of the Master Class, to attend the drawing for order of participation.
For more information, contact the offices of the OFJ at +52(33)3030-9772, 9773 and 9774 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org